I have a video file that is one of several that I was using to create a short video for Facebook posting.
After I had made the short video and ensured it was as I wanted it to be, I attempted to delete the original video files. All of them were deleted except for one. I keep getting a pop-up message telling me that that file cannot be deleted because it is still open in something called auto creations.
That message is shown in the attachment.
How do I delete that file?? What is the "Auto Creation"?
Thanks (I think??) might you explain what your reply means?
Are you asking me to post that undeleted video file in my query?
No, never mind.
Restart computer and try again to delete file.
Do not open any programs.
Ann, thank you for your attempts to assist with this.
1. I did restart the computer three times and each time the file remained and the "error" message popped up on each attempt to delete the file. I also restarted PS Elements 2021 twice to see if anything seemed odd or out of place....nothing.
2. Not sure why or how, but on my last try a few minutes ago at deleting the file (guesstimate at about the 8-10th try!) it did delete.
3. I still do not understand why or what you are presenting to me with that "embed" reply. But whatever, the file is now gone so I'm good to go (smile).
"that "embed" reply". When you post a picture (screen shot) the way you did, it is an attached file. To view it, a person has to copy (or "download") that file. In otherwords, a file has to go from your computer to ours. Most of us hate that because we (1) don't want extra files on our computer and (2) there is a risk of a virus being in any file. Ann is suggesting that, rather than attach a file, you use the button she has highlighted and place it (or 'embed') it into the message screen.
"Auto creation" is probably coming from one of Organizer's tools. From an internet search, "View Auto Creations ---
When you launch Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, you can view the Home screen. On this screen, under Auto Creations, you can view auto-created photo effects such as Painterly and B&W selection, photo and video collages, slideshows, and Candid Moments." The automatic portions of Organizer or "Home screen" can be turned off. In your case, you couldn't delete the file because Organizer was busy with it.
Once again thanks for the replies.
1. That was the only option this forum seemed to give me to include a screenshot. I DO understand that people are loath to download unknown files. I don't see that "embed" option on the forum, where might it be?
2. That Auto Creations section is unknown to me. Obviously (smile) I am not a power user of the software.
I do not understand how the program can have been closed (twice), the computer restarted several times and it still have the file "In Use". Is this something that I need to obtain more info on? Us "noobies" cause/create a lot of problems and we surely appreciate that there are folks out there willing to assist.
Auto creation is an integral part of Premiere Elements. Basically, Auto creation analysis your video and create some output accordingly.
You can wait for some time after that you can delete the Video file.
If you want to delete the video without waiting then Go to task manager and kill auto-creation task.
Thank you, still learning here.