Highlighted

Cannot Import .mp4 into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import some .mp4 files from my GoPro into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020.  All files are in the same folder, all videos are created on the same date, by the same camera within minutes of each other.  I have no problem importing them into PremierElements 2020 or playing them using VLC.  But Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 will import some, but hangs up on others at around the 44% mark.  The program is hard locked and I have to end the task to close it.  I have searched the Web and I found a suggestion that says to change the extension from .mp4 to .mpg.  I tried this and PEO successfully imported it, but I can't accept this as a solution.  Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

I am going to try reinstalling the software to see if that helps.  Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot Import .mp4 into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import some .mp4 files from my GoPro into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020.  All files are in the same folder, all videos are created on the same date, by the same camera within minutes of each other.  I have no problem importing them into PremierElements 2020 or playing them using VLC.  But Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 will import some, but hangs up on others at around the 44% mark.  The program is hard locked and I have to end the task to close it.  I have searched the Web and I found a suggestion that says to change the extension from .mp4 to .mpg.  I tried this and PEO successfully imported it, but I can't accept this as a solution.  Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

I am going to try reinstalling the software to see if that helps.  Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have the latest version, you have access to online chat sessions with Adobe paid staff for technical problems.  They can operate your computer remotely to determine what is happening.   

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion, actually that hadn't dawned on me. I also received an email from an Adobe rep letting me know I can also send an email.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0