• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import .mp4 into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import some .mp4 files from my GoPro into Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020.  All files are in the same folder, all videos are created on the same date, by the same camera within minutes of each other.  I have no problem importing them into PremierElements 2020 or playing them using VLC.  But Photoshop Elements Organizer 2020 will import some, but hangs up on others at around the 44% mark.  The program is hard locked and I have to end the task to close it.  I have searched the Web and I found a suggestion that says to change the extension from .mp4 to .mpg.  I tried this and PEO successfully imported it, but I can't accept this as a solution.  Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

I am going to try reinstalling the software to see if that helps.  Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have the latest version, you have access to online chat sessions with Adobe paid staff for technical problems.  They can operate your computer remotely to determine what is happening.   

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion, actually that hadn't dawned on me. I also received an email from an Adobe rep letting me know I can also send an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still running into this exact same issue on Windows 10 Pro (20H2 version). Import would hang as soon as it tries to import a mp4 file. There is no issue with mp4 file as I'm able to play it fine. Also noticed if I import the mp4 file individually it imports fine, but always hangs on the same mp4 file when importing the entire folder. I'm stuck since I have several GB of files and unable to import any of them. Is there a bug fix for this issue ? Please help.

Here is the version I'm using.

Elements Organizer 18.0.0.0
Core Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301)
Language Version: 18.0 (20200105.m.139301)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're trying to open it in the Organizer -- and not in Premiere Elements? Why is that?

What device or software created this MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing all my photos and videos from my hard drive into Organizer to sort through them and add them into albums that I will later use in either Photoshop elements or Premiere Elements. It does not make sense to import everything into Premiere elements.

Almost all videos came from my phone and some of them may where shared videos from others. Regardless of source or corrupt file or unsupported codec, the app should not hang during the import. In my opinion, it should just skip the file and import the others and report which files were skipped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to confirm that we're talking about the Organizer -- which is limited compared to Premiere Elements and sometimes need Premiere Elements to activate certain codecs in order to play certain videos. Have you tried opening this video in Premiere Elements to see if it can play the video?

Meantime, let's take a close looks at the specs of this MP4 and see what's inside. I assume this video is not coming from a standard AVCHD camcorder.

Open your MP4 in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks for showing some interest in this.  It's been so long, but I don't think I ever was successful in importing the video.  Surprised to see someone else having the problem, I posted this last year.  LOL.  I will circle back and see where I am on this.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I circled back and tried importing mp4 files from my GoPro and the problem still exists.  Organizer stops on this file every time.  Here is the mediainfo output.

bluesky210_0-1606574344291.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't see anything in these specs that would indicate a problem.

Have you added this file yet in a Premiere Elements project? As I said a couple of weeks ago, sometimes you need to add a file to Premiere Elements to activate certain codecs.

What happens if you convert it to another Mp4 using the specs in my tutorial? Does the new MP4 work in the Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve, I followed the instructions in your video and created a profile, then exported the video into another mp4 and it imports into the Organizer with no problem.  I was thinking about doing a hex comparison of the files but I would need to buy one and I'm not that desparate yet.

Thanks for your help.  This only seems to be with GoPro files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines