• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Publish 1080 but 4K publishing is OK

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing to 1080 with a 2160 time line fails while the 4k publishing works.

Using Premiere 12, I successfully published a 5.7gb MP4 H264 3840x2160 29.97P 30Mbps using the XVAC-S to Computer publish function.  It created the 5.7gb file which I copied to a memory card and played it OK on my 4K UHDTV.  The originals photos and videos clips were 3840x2160.  Premiere input setting were Red Camera 3820x2160; 30 fps non-drop, capture DV; video render:optimize stills. 

However, from the same time line, I want to Publish a 1080 file for 1080 TV's and for DVD players that only read 1080.  So I tried to Publish using the AVCHD MP4 1980x1080p 30 command MP4 1080P 30Mbps.  It went through an hour of rendering OK.  But then had a fatal error at 3% when burning to the computer HD.  I tried this twice.  Both times same fatal error.   In the past, this Publishing from 4K to 2K always worked.  However the files were under 4gb.

I also tried inputting the published 4K file and create a new work using it as a single file.  Then using the same AVCHD 1080 Publish Command, tried to create the 1080 file.  Failed this way too,  It rendered OK but failed at 3% when burning to computer HD.

How do I correct this problem and create a 1080 file?  Note that I did not try to create a disc menu in any case.

As an alternative, is there a program that would just convert the 4K video to a 1080 video without using Premiere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible I tried to burn to the computer using the Publish AVCHD dvd command to 8.5 Folder using the NTSC rather than the separate Computer AVCHD that has no NTSC or menus.  Could that be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked with Disk AVCHD 1080 command that also allowed me to add Menus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you trying to create a DVD or a BluRay disc?

DVDs are standard resolution: 720x480.

BluRay discs are high-resolution: 1920x1080. There's no such thing as a high-def DVD.

You can burn AVCHD video to a DVD disc. However, this is technically a BluRay, even though it's on a DVD (and it's running time is limited to about half an hour). You can not play an AVCHD disc on a DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines