Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall Premier Elements 13

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after formatting my hard drive I had to reinstall all my software. Some years ago I purchased and downloaded Premier Elements 13 and I still have the file Setup which I downloaded at the moment of purchase. When I click to install it goes OK, then I write my Serial Number, but then I'm asked to insert a CD which I don't have and I never had. So the installation stops.

Please, anybody knows how to proceed? I have the Serial Number written in my account, should I have also a CD?  I don't understand this.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards.

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Tom,

Can you try downloading a new/different installation file from here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html​

Good luck.  Please post back if it works.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

Can you try downloading a new/different installation file from here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html​

Good luck.  Please post back if it works.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have the Setup file, then you are missing the other files needed for installation.

The link provided by whsprague should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom, I too had this happen to me.  After several long sessions on the phone with Adobe, each of which concluded with the assurance that they would reset something in their registration database, I was never able to reinstall Adobe Premiere Elements 13 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 13.

Here is a snippet from the last response:

"Thank you for contacting Adobe.  I apologize for delay in response and inconvenience, I am writing in reference of your case number regarding serial key issue of Photoshop and Premier Element 13. I would like to inform you that we have generated a new serial key for you and it is valid till Quarter 4, 2018 because the serial number which you have purchased was for limited period of time."

Because of a looming deadline, I elected to just buy Premiere & Photoshop Elements 15 and finish the job.  I don't know why the new issued serial numbers didn't work.  I don't understand why the original software serial number only works for a "limited" time.  I  had Premiere 13 installed for several years with no problems until I rebuilt my hard drive.

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexanderc76706635  wrote

I don't understand why the original software serial number only works for a "limited" time.

There were some special educational and bundled versions that were licensed for only a specific period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much to all for your replies.

Yes I solved the problem simply with a new download, as Whspraque and Peru Bob said.

I was missing the other files needed for the installation. Now the product is installed and working.

...and I'm so happy!! 🙂

Thank you again! Best Regards!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines