• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon G9x Movie download

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Elements 18 and a Canon G9X Mark II.  I am able to download pictures to Elements, but every time I try to download a movie, I get the error "Elements Organizer cannot obtain files from this device."  I have no problem downloading movies to the Mac when I use Photos.  The Canon camera movie specs are:

Movie Resolution

1920x1080 (60p/30p/24p)

1280x720 (30p)

640x480 (30p)

Movie File Format

MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Stereo))

What Movie format must I shot in in order to download to Elements 18?  Why aren't all formats valid?

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements can certainly work with MP4s. And the Video Importer can download files from a camcorder attached via USB. Though this isn't a traditional camcorder. It's a still camera that shoots video, and that could mean there are some variables. It's possible, for instance, that your video is using a variable frame rate compression. So we may have to dissect the video to find out what it's complete specs are.

What operating system are you using, by the way?

What happens if you use your operating system to manually copy the video from your camera to your computer and then  use Add Media to bring the video into a Premiere Elements project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I am using Mac OS High Sierra. I was able to download the movie with Image Capture. Once I downloaded the movies to the desktop, I was able to import through the Elements program. Do you know why the downloader didn’t work? I was able to import movies with different HD files size options and it still worked with Image Capture.

Do you know when the update that will allow the iPhone HEIC format to be displayed will be released?

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At present there is no support in Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements for HEIC. But I can't imagine Adobe will let this format go unsupported for very long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines