Highlighted

Cant open files on Adobe Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Premiere Elements 7 onto our current laptop.  It was previously used on our old pc.  I have digistised old videos as mpeg files on our current laptop and I wanted to start editing in Adobe.  When I select the files for editing a message box tells me "I must activate this component in order to use this feature" and I must click on a link w.adobe.com/go/enco deactivation, copy the MPEG2 component serial no. listed and get an unlock key, to proceed further.  The link doens't work. 

When I cancel out of this message box, another box says "Add media failure", and says "This type of file is file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed"

Not sure how to proceed from here.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant open files on Adobe Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Premiere Elements 7 onto our current laptop.  It was previously used on our old pc.  I have digistised old videos as mpeg files on our current laptop and I wanted to start editing in Adobe.  When I select the files for editing a message box tells me "I must activate this component in order to use this feature" and I must click on a link w.adobe.com/go/enco deactivation, copy the MPEG2 component serial no. listed and get an unlock key, to proceed further.  The link doens't work. 

When I cancel out of this message box, another box says "Add media failure", and says "This type of file is file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed"

Not sure how to proceed from here.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mpeg activation for PE 7 is no longer supported.

What might work is to install the trial of PE 2020.  It may install the mpeg codecs required.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0