• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant open saved video

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open saved project on Element 15 premiere. Instead I get a message: "..this type of file not supported..etc...

And on the screen texts in  different languages: media off line..

Question 2. I have bought Premiere elements 15 and Photoshop elements 15. As far as I can see, they both are the same?

Lars Gävle Sweden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is a video editor. Photoshop Elements is a photo editor.

What type of file are you trying to open in which program -- and what steps are you taking to open it?

If it is a video file, you don't open a video file in Premiere Elements. You import it into a project using Add Media/From Files and Folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Think you för answering me so quickly. No thé video is already Opened Into Adobe elements and Edit in the program and saved as a Project there. When I try evenually try to open the saved project it says that I can not. With regards from Lars

Skickat från Samsung Tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying, Lars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can see that. The computer change the lettersk somehow.

Well. This is what I do. a) I add media. In this cage some of my videos. b) I start to edit. c) I save the material. This edit film can easily be open

the same day. When I try to open it the next day following will happen: d) I click on "open project" e) I click on my saved project. f) a text comes upp which says

that it can not open a file of this type. g) texts comes up on the screen with a red background. But my project does not open. Well it has happened that it will open eventually of any mysterious cause. But today for example it does not open.

With best regards

Lars

-

Ursprungligt meddelande----

Från : forums_noreply@adobe.com

Datum : 2017-08-26 - 23:02 (WEST)

Till : lars.tallberg@telia.com

Ämne : Cant open saved video

Cant open saved video created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying, Lars.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9790763#9790763 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9790763#9790763

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why that would happen, Lars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!! And no one can help me!! I wish I could get my money back. this sucks!! I can't open any projects that I have spent hours working on!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bradyb61338885  wrote

I'm having the same issue!! And no one can help me!!

I'm sorry for your frustration.  I don't know what the time period is, but Adobe will give you your money back if you bought directly.  If you bought from a third party retailer, their policy may be different. 

Please be assured that Premiere Elements is reliable software.

Premiere Elements (and other video editors) do not put video files into a project.  Instead it creates internal links and references to them internally.  If you move the source media, the project will open with the red screen and many languages telling you the media is missing.

Put the original media back where it was when you started the project! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't moved the files. For example, I just created a project and saved it than went back to open it and the same thing happened. I've seen a number of people on here with the same question but haven't seen a solution given yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines