• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture issue: HDV v DV firewire Old equipment

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a blast from the past.  I have an old computer with Windows 10, Adobe PE 8, and ability to connect via firewire.   I have a Sony HDR-HC3 Handycam that I have been using successfully to capture some old HD tapes.   I also  have about 10 tapes that I believe were  taken with a previous Sony standard definition video cam.   They play fine on the HDR-HC3 but I cannot get them to capture so I can edit them.  The camera is recognized, the "Capture" lights up.  It seems to work for a few seconds after I press capture but nothing is actually captured and then it pauses.  I am hoping this is just a Settings problem but I have been playing around with various options to no avail.  Anyone have any ideas?

P.S.  I also have a brand new Windows computer with PE 20 but no firewire connection.   I suppose I could go to the trouble of having a Firewire connection installed, but I am thinking that may not solve the problem.   Any thoughts on that? 

I am a fairly low-tech user so please be specific and don't assume a lot.   Thanks!   Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

You do need a Firewire port on the computer to capture tape.

I use these free programs with my old Sony SD and Sony HDV cameras for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do need a Firewire port on the computer to capture tape.

I use these free programs with my old Sony SD and Sony HDV cameras for capture:

WinDV   WinDV

HDVSplit   HDVSplit 0.77 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.   I was able to use WinDV to capture these old tapes!    I really appreciate your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.icon_biggrin.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines