Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captured Video

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Does anyone else have problem with captured video, I have just captured an avi file in PRE9.

when I try and import it to PRE15 I get the message. "unable to import unsupported file".

Any idea why, please?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you capture and how did you capture it?

Is this video captured by Premiere Elements from a miniDV camcorder over a FireWire connection? AVIs can be made up of any of hundreds of codecs, and AVIs other than Firewire-captured DV-AVIs may not be editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AVI is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines