• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change of Platform from Windows 10 to Mac

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Prem Elements on my Windows 10 PC but will shortly be changing over to a new iMac.  Can I uninstall Prem Elements from my PC and then use the same license to install it on the new Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

If you bought the boxed program set, you received discs for both Windows and Mac as well as activation numbers that will work on either platform.

If you bought the program as a download, you bought either the Windows or Mac version. As I understand it, you can't use the Windows activation number on a Mac and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought the boxed program set, you received discs for both Windows and Mac as well as activation numbers that will work on either platform.

If you bought the program as a download, you bought either the Windows or Mac version. As I understand it, you can't use the Windows activation number on a Mac and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  I reviewed the invoice and it does specify the download and serial number is for Windows 10, so it wouldn't work if I tried to use the serial number with a Mac download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request a platform change:

Platform and language exchange policies

• All product configurations, except for OEM bundles, are eligible for a platform or language exchange.
  • You can also change your platform or language when you upgrade. Contact us to find out if you qualify for a platform or language upgrade. You must give up all licensing rights to your current platform or language version.
  • You can’t exchange previous versions of a product.
  • After exchanging platforms or languages, you can’t cross back to your original platform or language version.
  • No more than five total (lifetime) cross-platform or cross-language upgrades or swaps are allowed per customer, regardless of the product.
  • Products purchased second-hand or from an auction site such as eBay are not eligible for exchange.
  • You can request an exchange only from a language distributed in your region to another language also distributed in your region.

from here:

Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding this information for me and it is correct.  After about 45 minutes talking to customer support, they did agree that it would be possible to change platforms on this product.  I just have to wait about 72 hours for the change over to take effect and I'll be able to download the Mac version at no additional cost.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines