• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing address of source folders and files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed a video in Elements 15 that used photo and music files whose source was a folder that is on my desktop. Silly mistake! I now want to move this folder from my desktop to the secure part of my hard disc. Doing this however removes all the source files from the stored video when I want to edit this in Elements. My question: how do I move the source folder, with all its' files, whilst at the same time still making all the files available when editing the video?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

If all of the files are in the same directory folder, it's not so hard.

Move the files (ideally using the Organizer's move tools, so you won't lose those links), then open your Premiere Elements project. the program will ask for help locating a missing file. Browse to the file's new location and re-connect the link.

If the program sees other files that it needs in this folder, it will automatically reconnect with them too. Save your project and the new links will remain linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all of the files are in the same directory folder, it's not so hard.

Move the files (ideally using the Organizer's move tools, so you won't lose those links), then open your Premiere Elements project. the program will ask for help locating a missing file. Browse to the file's new location and re-connect the link.

If the program sees other files that it needs in this folder, it will automatically reconnect with them too. Save your project and the new links will remain linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It works as you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no organization of my picture files on my computer and on the back up system.

This has always freaked me out.  If I wanted to find a specific picture to copy without elements I would be lost.

I would like to organize my picture files by year, then month, then activity.

Then when I need to back up  I mearly need to copy the new year file over to the back up file.  I could do this 1-3 times a year depending on how many pictures I have taken.

You mention that you can do this but you need to use the elements program to do this.  Is there a video on how to do this? a detailed write up with pictures etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines