• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing proportions and size of picture in a picture

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a video of my daughter reading a favorite soty to her daughter. I've scanned the pages of the story book and want to put a small video of my daughter reading in the corner. The pages will dissolve into each other as she reads.

How do I get a square or 'portrait' image of the video of my daugher? It was made in 'landscape' mode.

Are the proportions of video in video fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Ed (Premiere Elements 2020, iMac Catalina)

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My approach would be to put the photos on the video 1 track.   Then put the video of your daugher on video track 2.  Select the video clip and use the "Crop" effect from the Fx panel.   It may takes some experimentation with the Crop effect, but I think it will do what you want.   Once the video is running right you can change the length of each photo to time them with the video.

In my example I have a video of some birds with the Crop effect applied and it is over a still landscape photo.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines