• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy playback with hd video in PE 2018

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a GoPro 6 and recorded lots of new video to edit in my P.E. 2018 but much if not all video put on the timeline plays poorly and choppy. Some video files render and some do not, don't know why that is since everything I ever put in the timeline before always rendered. I have a HP Pavilion with 8 GB and 4 amd processors. The CPU uses up to 99% when a video is running in Adobe and 60% to 85% of the memory. Could it be I need a better video card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings you used in the GoPro?  Please use the program mediainfo and paste a view of the source file structure.  Knowing the project settings would help too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were many, I converted any video that needed to be. Mostly what I'm

experiencing is that some video files don't render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us something more specific? There are way too many variables to consider. Particularly if you're working with video that has been converted from its original specs.

Which processor are you using with how much RAM? The number of cores doesn't give us much to go on.

Open one of the video's that is giving Premiere Elements trouble in the free download MediaInfo. Set MediaInfo's View to Text and then cut and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know how much power you have and what the specs of your video are we'll be better able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more work than the Elements, talk about your unknowns. Before we

gown the wrong road maybe instead someone can answer why P.E. can't render

a file from a simple converter that was used an all the videos I entered

but chooses to only render some.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 6:40 PM Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I load a new version of this Adobe program it has problems until

an update comes along 6 months later after I've wasted time messing with

everything in my cpu. I've never seen problems with rendering before, is

Adobe unable to handle HD in 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting is tricky business. Unless you know what you're doing, converting can actually make a file LESS compatible with a video editing program.

So without specifics, we can't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the most popular camera is not compatible with Adobe without going

through a bunch of hoops. Great product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeffk27845964  wrote

So the most popular camera is not compatible with Adobe without going

through a bunch of hoops. Great product.

You can look at it the other way too.  Apple decided to ignore the most popular and universal codec.  If you are in the Apple ecosystem, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut and Apple iMovie do support H.265.  If you can't set your phone to use H.264, and you are in the Windows system, check the specs for Cyberlink PowerDirector.  I think it is one of the few under $100 editing programs that covers H.265.

I personally like the way Premiere Elements works.  If it were me, I would figure out how to shoot my iPhone in a compatible codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines