Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chroma keying

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought Premiere Elements 2020.

Filmed someone in a studio using a green sheet but when I used Keying, selected Green Chroma, dragged it to the clip, the person completely disappeared! 

Had no problems with PE 2018 but this one is different. Is the technique different for 2020? 

How to do it?

Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not be different.  

Does this tutorial help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjW4UGBZCCI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I have used Chroma keying many times. It is only when I purchased PE 2020 that the strange thing happened. Videomerge works okay but there is a slight shadow in certain part of the background so I need to use 'Green Screen Key' to exert a greater control. When I dragged the chroma key effect onto the clip on Video Track 2, the person completely disappear. Not only that, on the right, Threshold, Cutoff and Smoothing the word 'nan %' appears which I've never seen before, and the round button (to move it along to right or left) completely disappears. Sounds like a bug 'cos PE2020 is just out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe the effect has changed at all in version 2020, so I doubt it's a bug in the current version. You may be right, but it's nothing I've experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a different clip, different backgrounds saved in jpg and psd in Photoshop Elements2020, the same thing is happening. Videomerge works okay but not the Green Screen Key. Have you actually tried with PE2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem with 'Green screen key' persists. I've taken a snapshot of the 'Keying' panel on the right. You can see that all the others appear normal with symbols within the boxes EXCEPT for the Green Screen Key. It is all black and no symbol. Definitely a bug. Will Adobe fix it soon? Do I need to inform them? Otherwise I will have to ask for a refund and buy PE2019 as it's urgent. 

green screen key.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a problem in version 2020 that Adobe is aware of -- though I don't know if it will be addressed. I recommend using Videomerge, as in the tutorial I linked to above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines