• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cliplength

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clip cannot be shown until the end on my timeline. The original is longer and when I double click on the clip, the popup window can also play the full length. I've already downloaded the clip as media again, restarted etc, so that doesn't work. What am I doing wrong.

See below. Clip ends well before end on monitor, but clip continues in popup.

Knipsel.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record: I can't pull the clip out to the right. It has already been maximized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnail on the clip only displays at the beginnig and end when on the timeline.   What does it look like when you move the playhead back to the middle of the clip?  What is the source of the clip?  What are the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip runs well to the end, so there is a part missing, which is seen in the popup. The source is an MP4 file. It is strange that it worked well, but not anymore. Appears to be a setting related to the clip or timeline.

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We could look at the specs of the clip in MediaInfo and maybe that would offer a clue. (I'm assuming your MP4 did not come from a camcorder.)

But try using the free download HandBrake to convert it to a new MP4. Then add this new MP4 to a project and see if you get the same results. This new MP4 will likely have more standardized elements.

Here is how to convert your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the picture for the properties of the clip.
I can also re-record it, but I expected to have unconsciously changed a setting to which I couldn't find what it was. But given the reactions (or the absence of a possible reference to a wrong setting) it seems that the clip has an internal error causing this. Of course I will be happy to get other suggestions from this forum. Thanks.

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get it anymore. Just made a new MP4 (OBS screen) movie. Added in new project. To test, I immediately render the clip and then the same error occurs (same clip on monitor shorter than in popup - see pictures, where in the popup the fragment continues and in the monitor (top / left) it does not).

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you convert it to a 1920x1080 MP4 with Handbrake, as suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hadn't done that yet. I have now used that program Handbrake. I have left all its settings unchanged. The fragment has then been converted to an M4v file. I loaded that into premiere and rendered it. Now the fragment does indeed continue to the end. How is it possible. Thanks for the help !!

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines