• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiling Error Unknown

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I’ve previously bought Premiere Elements 2018, & I already created two projects on it. The first one went very well with some video clips, audio track and some effects. Now my second project has a lot more effects and much more video clips, but when I went to export it, it immediately gave me the “compiling video: error unknown” message. I’ve already went through multiple forums about possible problems. I’ve even upgraded my ram to 16gbs. The only solution I’ve found was removing the audio track. Once I did that, it worked perfectly. Anyone know why this is the case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Okay....I finally found the problem. I had to "save as" as another template under the name, "TEST". Once I did that, it started rendering with all the effects included. Do you any of you know what could've caused this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is your audio track? If it's an MP3, try converting it to a WAV.

Otherwise, go to the program's preferences and, on the General page, uncheck the option to use hardware acceleration.

Other possibilities include fragmented or lack of free space on your hard drive, etc. But try these suggestions first before you do deeper troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Wav, but I’ll definitely try your advic. I’ll let you know the statu. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I went to general and unchecked the hardware acceleration, and it’s still giving me the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is in the audio track, where did it come from and what track is it on.   It is weird and rare, but sometimes moving the Music track or Voice track to a track above the video fixes anomalies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a song I recorded from scratch, as it is a remix of a popular song. And it’s on the music track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and still no dice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you seem to have determined that the song is the issue, what bit rate was it recorded it?

What happens if you convert it to a more standardized WAV using the free download Audacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my preferences, 32 bit float. I could’ve sworn it was 24 bit, but that shouldn’t matter if my other project exported fine, and it was also in 32 bit float.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I did some more troubleshooting by making a copy of my project and removing all the effects I added on my adjustment layers, and now it's working. What does this mean? Does it mean I can't use as many effects as I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....I finally found the problem. I had to "save as" as another template under the name, "TEST". Once I did that, it started rendering with all the effects included. Do you any of you know what could've caused this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not enough information to speculate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I first thought it was the name that I gave the output file, but that wasn’t the case. My only guess is that the file became corrupted at one point. Remove certain effects or a

whole audio track seemed to remove this error as well, so that would indicate to me that the problem was inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines