• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completed editing a video but by mistake I did it in NTSC not PAL. AArgh!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the U.K. and have only recently started learning about and using Premiere Elements 2018.

I started work on a new editing project recently and felt sure that I had set up the initial configuration for AVCHD FULL HD 1080 25fps but I only discover now, after completing the job to my satisfaction and burning it onto a DVD, that I've produced the whole 35 minute long video as a NTSC 30fps video rather than a PAL one.

I can view the DVD perfectly on my PC but the DVD player connected to my TV refuses to play it, reporting that it is 'incompatible'.  I do need to have it in PAL HD format in order that I can send copies to other members of the family.

As punishment for my stupid mistake (yes, I should have RTFM more carefully), I'm fully expecting that I'll have to start the job again completely from scratch, which will take me many hours, but thought I'd first ask if anyone in this forum can tell me of a speedier way to re-produce or re-edit the same series of video clips and then burn to DVD in PAL format? 

Many thanks in anticipation  -  Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alas you will have to re-edit your movie.

I would make screenshots of the timeline so you will know the order of clips, the duration, transitions, titles and audio used.

Effects you will have to guess or write them down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines