• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer that can handle Premiere Elements

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I switched my project to a laptop with 8meg of RAM on a 64 bit i7 computer, I still get lots of freezing. The good news is that when I saved (exported)  the project, there WAS no freezing. I know I could get the extra drive, as someone suggested, inside my computer, but if I were to buy another computer, what specs would you suggest on a Windows computer?

Thanks.

LNovik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use this chart as a rule of thumb. For editing high-def video, look for a processor that rates a 7000 or better. For editing 4K, look for a processor rating at least at 10,000.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Make sure your hard drive has lots of space. 1 TB is pretty standard now.

Remember that desktops are built for power and laptops are built for portability, so you always get better performance from a desktop. But if your processor is fast enough, you've got a good RAM load (12-16 gig is a good level) and you've got lots of free space on your hard drive, you should be fine with either.

But also remember that a lot also depends on the format and codec of video you're editing how editable it is. I'm concerned that you're getting freezing with an i7. I don't know where your video is coming from or what format it is, but if it's giving an i7 problems, you may find instability issues even with a faster machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Larry,

There is a class of computers for people who are devoted to video games.  I've never played a video game but bought a "gaming" laptop made by ASUS several years ago.  It has worked well for video editing, including 4K.   

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines