Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting vertical video to landscape

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any quick tool to convert vertical iphone videos to horizontal videos by filling the black side bars with a blurred zoom-ed in sample of the movie, in the 'quick' mode of Premiere Elements?

I know that you can do this manuallyby using the 'Expert' mode, running two copies of each movie on parallel tracks and zooming in/blurring the second track but this seems very long winded when you have multiple clips to edit (d'oh - rookie error for years in filming iphone clips in portrait orientation!) I just wondered if there was a tool where I could just push one button on the movie and it would convert it, ideally staying in the 'quick' mode as I'm a newbie?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not in Quick mode, since it requires two tracks of video.

But the process of doing it is pretty simple, as I show you in this tutorial.

And of course you find step by step instructions under the program's Guided Edits. Under Video Adjustments, it's called Fill Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines