Copy & Paste WITHOUT link between parent/child

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Shapes in a Title video object. It took me a long time to format these shapes the way I want them. I need to re-use the shapes many times throughout my video. So, I copy/paste the Title video segment into a new Title video segment. 

Problem - whenever you copy Shapes in a Title, and Paste to a new title, ANY change to EITHER segment affects BOTH segments. There is some connection between the original and the pasted segments, so anything that affects one affects them both. 

I understand for what I need that Captivate would be a better application for me. That being said, I could use Premiere Elements if it didn't have these rridiculously stupid limitations. I can't think of any other application where modifying a child object goes back and corrupts the original. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the following reference to duplicating the project asset by using Ctrl+Shift+/

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/how-to-copy-and-paste-clip-without-editing-original...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also right-click on a title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate (not Copy), as I show you in my book.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines