Exit

Copy into another project

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all Premiere Elements 14 Experts!

HELP!

I have created a project in Premiere Elements 14 - I would like to use the created project in another project (copy the created section into another project (new) - and still be able to edit the clips in the new project).

Is this possible? Or is it only possible to export the project as a video file?

I hope you get the question - and hope you can help me 🙂  

Project.png

TOPICS
Export , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas not possible.

You can only export project as video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't started the new project yet, you can delete the parts you don't need and save the old project as a new name and then continue from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob for making that clear.

This is VERY unfortunate (I am using PE20 on W10) because more and more Open Source Video Editing Tools support this Feature and I would rather stick with Premiere Elements because I have TONS of Presets created - but not beeing able to copy Clips from one Project to Another cost me (in summary) over 40 hours of additional effort since spring 2020...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try using the program ClipMate. This program enhances copy and paste and does allow you to copy from one project and then paste into another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines