CPU or GPU For Premiere element 2020 ?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from Belgium ,

As I will be soon buying a new mac , i have an important question  :

As I am a heavy Adobe premiere Elements 2020 user what is important :

- CPU power  ( processor )or GPU ( grafic card ).

As I can not find any information in the preference panel of Premiere elements 2020 ( compared to Adobe Premiere ), I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards ,

Serge

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements uses very little of your GPU's power. Put your money into a good processor (although a Mac will likely also include a pretty good graphics card too).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your expert help.
In that case, which export ( best quality and file size ) setting is best : VBR 1 or VBR 2 ?

Kind regards,

Serge

PS: I love your video tutorials !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can not find any information in the preference panel of Premiere elements 2020 ( compared to Adobe Premiere )"

Recent updates have impressive GPU assistance in Premiere Pro.  As Steve said, the GPU (Nvidia?) is not used by Premiere Elements. 

If you are doing 60 minute videos, it might matter.  For the typical short "home video" it does not. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your expert help .

Kind regards,

Serge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines