Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crash while opening folders to add media

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

having problems with Premiere Elements 14 NL-version, when trying to add media from 'files and folders'.

As soon as I click that option, PE will crash with the info that the program doesn't work anymore.

Am using win7, 32 bits, 16Gb ram (or whatever win7 will use), checked for over 2o hours by memtest 86+, as far as I know all drivers are updated.

Bios, videocard (Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb ddr5), soundcard, network, win7, virusscan Kaspersky, all up-to-date.

Inspecting the error I have found:

name of the error module HSL.DLL, version 14.0.0.0

exceptioncode: 0xc0000005

error offset: 0x00282a53

id error proces: 0x17e8.

Have this problem for more than three weeks now.

It is difficult for me to add info to a web-based application since FireFox has troubles too, keeping stable long enough to post a message.

Hope you can give me some direction where to find a solution for this crashes.

Thank you for sharing time with this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be that the program is overwhelming your 32 bit system. (As I'm sure you know, a 32-bit operating system won't be able to access more than 4 gigs of RAM, so all of that extra RAM isn't giving you much more power.) This is further indicated by the fact that even FireFox browsing is affected.

What processor are you running? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines