• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a video from stills using Photoshop or Premiere Elements 11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - sorry if this question has already been answered but all the answers I see don't seem relevant to my situation.

I have Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 (ancient, I know  😉  ) and want to make a video from a series of individual stills (jpegs).

To be clear, I have a series of time lapse jpegs which I want to convert to video format (MP4 or similar).

Is this possible using the products I have, or do I need to look elsewhere?

TIA

Nick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

This one gets asked so often I ought to do a tutorial on it for Muvipix.com.

Go to the program's preferences -- under the Edit menu on a PC. And, on the General page, set how long you'd like each frame to be under Still Image Duration. To use your photos as 30 frames per second, for instance, set the duration of each still to .03 seconds.

Then import your stills into your project and, when you drag each to the timeline, your still photos will become your video frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one gets asked so often I ought to do a tutorial on it for Muvipix.com.

Go to the program's preferences -- under the Edit menu on a PC. And, on the General page, set how long you'd like each frame to be under Still Image Duration. To use your photos as 30 frames per second, for instance, set the duration of each still to .03 seconds.

Then import your stills into your project and, when you drag each to the timeline, your still photos will become your video frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve - thanks for your response but I've seen this advice elsewhere. I assume it relates to a more recent version of PhotoShop then mine (V11) - the General page doesn't have a Still Image Duration option.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll have to find other software to do this - any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve - now I see where I was going wrong! Your suggestion works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still Image Duration is not allowing a number smaller than 1.00 seconds.

Choosing 30 frames instead of seconds didn't help.

Adobe Premiere Elements 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences is set before import. Already imported still do not take on the new duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Choosing 30 frames instead of seconds didn't help."

Then pick a smaller number.  I tried it at "1" and the jpegs flew by!  

The other option is to put your JPEGs on the timeline, select all of them with your mouse (or CTRL+A) and then use the Time Stretch tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Logging out and then logging back in solved the problem.

Thank you, Steve, Bill and Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the Premiere Elements forum, Nic. And my answer refers to creating a slideshow in Premiere Elements, not Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nic,

Steve's procedure works. 

Timelapse is converting stills to video.  Video software works best and Premiere Elements, including version 11, is very good for this purpose.  Among other things, you get good playback speed control.  And, output choices include options for very playable formats.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it, NicMic. Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Steve! Didn't find the answer to my question, so I'll try here... I want to create a video from a slide presentation that I can record my voice over, and the duration for each slide needs to be different. A few seconds for some, and a minute or even more for others. Can you direct me to a tutorial or ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"....I want to create a video from a slide presentation that I can record my voice over,..."

Put your images on the timeline in Premiere Elements.  You can do them one at a time, all at once or in groups.   You adjust the length of play back by grabbing the right edge with your mouse and stretching it.  In the Tools menu is Narration.  Use that to record your voice.  You will see it in a track below your images.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha & MAHALO for the reply and instructions! It's been a couple years
since I worked with the program... I thought it was something easy like
that, but couldn't remember what to do - and I never did use the narration,
so this will be new.

Does it work the same way in "Quick" or only in "Pro" mode?
Aloha,
[personal info deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines