• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created an Xmas slideshow but how do I sync my slides to music so they are the same length?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me mention that up until now I had been using Widows Movie Maker and that software had a feature that automatically adjusted the display time of each slide so a slideshow would begin and end with the chosen music track. It was done with a simple click of a button. Unfortunately I upgraded to a new computer and the program I used does not come iwth Windows 10 (&^#*$#). So I have purchased premiere elements thinking there would be a similar option in the program. I have 50 slides that display for 3 minutes (in total) and a song I want to sync that is only 2:30 minutes. I would hope there is a simple command to adjust the display time of each slide to an amount so that they song and the slide show are the same length. Can someone help me here? I have seen a lot of discussions and videos on syncing time between songs and video but not with a slideshow.  Please don't tell me I have to go in and adjust the display time of every one of my slides manually. Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not do slideshows, so I have not watched them, but there are 2 'how to' you tube videos in my notes file

http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/PrE2021.txt plain text so after you find the slideshow links you will need to copy-paste in your web browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not post a direct link to the slideshows tutorial instead of users having to go through multiple pages of plain text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select ALL of the images on the timeline with your mouse.   Pick Time Stretch from the Tools menu.  The Duration readout is a 'scrubbie' meaning you can slide the mouse horizontally to adjust the total time.  You can also type in "2:30".

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. This sound simple enough but I put the photots into the video one track and added the audio to the audio 1 track but I don't understand how to "select all" of the slides on the timeline. I can pick one slide but it seems when I try to pick more than one it screws up my timeline. I have tried many different ways to do this but they have all been a bit of a disaster. Can you help me here? This sounds easy but I am not "getting it." Now I tried the next solution and somehow I screwed that up too. I am on a roll!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Song is 2.30 min = 150 second / 50 slides = 3 seconds per slide.

Select all images in Project Assets window: right click....

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense but as I mentioned above I have all of the slides laid out and when I tried this it just added more slides to my timeline. Not sure what I did wrong. I am usually pretty good with figuring out software but this program is beating me up! Thanks for trying to help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different methods mentioned.

One by Bill explaining how to adjust the stills already in the timeline.

Mine shows you how to make a slideshow in one go (something like WMM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get it to work but it was quite a bit of trial and error. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann.  I didn't know or forgot that was there.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selection is a mouse process used in most applications, including word processing.  In the Expert mode, you click the mouse at the beginning and drag it across to the end.  The selected images (or words) will highlight.   You can also select the images by holding down the shift key and clicking on each one.   If you are in the Quick mode, I think you may have to hold the Shift key and click on each image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines