• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropped Video

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this. I've put this in the Premiere section because I couldn't find one for Premiere. I've used Sony Vegas and other versions of Premiere in the past and never come across this issue. I'm currently using Adobe Premiere 2019 (non-Pro) and for some reason when I go to export my video it has resized and there's a huge border around my video. I've attached two screenshots so you can see the timeline versus the export version. Anybody had this issue or know how to fix it? Greatly appreciated! Thanks!Capture 2.JPGCapture.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot project settings and clip properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Ann, you project settings are found under the program's Edit menu, on the General page under Project Settings.

You can find out your clip's basic properties by right-clicking on a clip in your project and selecting Properties. If we need more detailed properties, we may need you to open your video in the program MediaInfo. But Ann and I believe we can show you the issue just by comparing your clip properties with your project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying. I've attached the Project Settings screenshot and the Clip Properties. Hopefully you can help me. Like I said, I've never had this issue before. If you need more from me, let me know. Thanks!Capture 3.JPGCapture 4.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately your project settings do not match your footage.

You have a clip that is 25 fps (not sure if its interlaced or progressive).

Your project is 29.97 fps and interlaced.

But your first screenshot shows a widescreen clip in a 4:3 setting; hence the black border on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to fix this? Or do I have to start a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not have the capability to change project setting after the project is started.  The project settings are normally created automatically to match the first clip used.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines