• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping 9:16 video from my iPhone to 3:4, keeping 1:1 pixel proportion. How?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Premiere Elements (2018) (Mac) and love the program.

I take videos of my granddaughter on my iPhone and the proportions are 9:16. Most of the videos have the subject centered and the wide format is distracting and often includes extraneous material.

How can I crop the proportions to 3:4?

Also, how do I get videos into the best and most efficient format for Facebook?

Thanks in advance !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really can't change the shape of a video by cropping the way you can a photo.

About the closest thing you could do would be to force 4:3 project settings and then let your 16:9 video bleed off the sides. But then your videos would be standard resolution and that's no good.

But 16:9 and wider formats are actually the preferred formats since it's more natural. Our eyes see more side to side than up and down. So it seems a bit counter-productive.

All that said, I'd said Premiere Elements is probably not the best tool for what you want to do. There may be a product that can cut your videos to 1:1, but I wouldn't know what it would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines