• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross compatibility between Mac and Windows - unknown error

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned this the hard way, but in case others are considering working on different platforms, here is the current status of cross compatibility (through version 2018). Premiere Elements files (.prel) created on PC will open in Mac (at least after version 15), but not the other way around. When you try to open a Mac .prel file on a PC you get the error - "An unknown error occurred while opening the project." Please note that the part about PC files working on Mac is only my experience and is not guaranteed. Adobe support confirmed that Mac files do not work on PC, but if anyone knows of an exception or a workaround I would love to hear!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a bit of a hack, but you could create the video, export the completed video as an mp4 (or other compatible format) file. Then, you could load it into the opposite PREL file on a Mac / PC and continue editing. Of course, if all you have is the PREL project file and no exported saved video, that won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines