Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross Dissolve show frames I Cut

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. 

I am very new to Adobe Premiere Elements, and video editing in general.  I think what I am trying to do is fairly simple, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have two clips - A and B.  The last few seconds of Clip A is garbage.  So what I want to do is:

Clip the last few seconds of Clip A off

Play Clip B after Clip A

use a Cross Dissolve between the two.

I "dragged" the end of Clip A to the left, to get rid of the last few second of junk, then placed Clip B immediately after Clip A.  Then I added a "Cross Dissolve" transition between the two, choosing "Between Clips" for 3 seconds.

For the most part, this has worked, except that as Clip B is fading in, I can see the last few seconds of junk from Clip A that I thought I had cut out.

How come these supposedly cut frames are appearing in the Cross Dissolve, and is it possible to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance for help

-M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

A transition needs head and tail material to create a transitional segment. In other words, in a one-second transition, there is one second in which both videos are on-screen at the same time. To create this segment, a one-second transition uses half a second of video after the first video's end point and half a second of video before the second video's start point. Does this make sense? This is why you're seeing a bit of what you cut from the ends of your videos during the transition.

The only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to shorten clip A more.

You need to learn about handles:

Handles & Transitions - What are They?

That will explain what is happening.

See here, too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+transition+handles&oq=adobe+transition+handles&aqs=chrome..69i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A transition needs head and tail material to create a transitional segment. In other words, in a one-second transition, there is one second in which both videos are on-screen at the same time. To create this segment, a one-second transition uses half a second of video after the first video's end point and half a second of video before the second video's start point. Does this make sense? This is why you're seeing a bit of what you cut from the ends of your videos during the transition.

The only solution is to trim a bit more off your video -- making sure that at least half a second of good video is available beyond the trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it.  Thank you for the information and links.

-M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines