• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut one video into many videos

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had my camera tapes recorded to hard drive as avi format. The videos are 2 hrs long with many different topics. I want to make each topic a separate video. I am using Adobe Premier Elements 14.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is essentially video editing.

Just put the segment you want on your timeline and then use Publish & Share to output it as a movie. Do that with each segment.

BTW, when you say your videos are AVIs, are you saying that they were captured from a miniDV camcorder over a FireWire connection? There are thousands of variations of AVI out there and not all can be used in a video editing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a beginner in using Elements. I have added the long video using the Quick option. I can cut it into 2 clips but I do not know how to Publish and Share each clip as a separate video.

I hired a company to convert the miniDV camcorder to an editable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, video editing is not intuitive.  It takes some work if you want to get beyond the automatic stuff. 

Get out of the "Quick" mode and go to "Expert". 

In that mode, there are "Work Area Bars"  that can mark the beginning and ending of your video.  Then, on "Export and Share" there is a check box for "Work Bar Area Only".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines