• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Clips Reappear

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After adding media the timeline shows clips from previous renderings.  I close Premiere Elements 15 and restart it but when I add new media the old media still appears on the timeline.  ?? I must be doing something wrong and would appreciate any advice on how to correct this issue.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Will assume there is no definite resolution to this issue so this will be my final comment and will mark as complete.  The problem does not occur with files captured on my digital camcorder and downloaded to computer.  The issue originated with old movies copied from VHS or Mini VHS tapes to DVD and subsequently downloaded to computer from DVD to save as MP4's.  Hope this helps in your future research to possibly ultimately determine the cause.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing the Media Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there Peru Bob.  Have tried that by deleting all in cache.  Afraid to admit it but have been dealing with this problem for a few days.  Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the clips appearing?

Are they literally on the timeline or do you just see them when you play your timeline?

if you see them when you play the timeline, do they appear briefly or in their entirety?

You could well be deleting with a stray frame or two that's been left on your timeline -- but from your description it's hard to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Steve,

The clips are appearing correctly in the
monitor/screen above the timeline but what I view on the timeline vs the
monitor above the timeline is different.  The timeline contains full clips of
previously rendered clips.  When I delete the clips from the timeline I
“Select All” and delete.  When I select files and Add Media the deleted clips
appear instead of the clips I'm adding.  I recognize some of the old clips that were processed a month or more ago.

Weird.  Sure appreciate you taking your time to offer assistance.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Timeline.jpg

The images on the timeline have nothing to do with what appears on the screen.  The screen is data from the correct Add Media files.  The timeline images were rendered a month or more ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very weird.

What processor do you have with how much RAM? What graphics card do you have? I wonder if we're dealing with some odd resource issue.

Have you gone to the AMD, nVidia or Intel site to ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not checked for latest video drivers but will do it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also realized too late I probably shouldn't have posted that jpg.  Maybe too much data to be seen by the public.  ??  Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded latest driver and no change.  With regard to cleaning out cache, I go to Users/MyName/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Media Cache and Media Cache Files.  Just checking to be sure I'm deleting proper cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting EVERYTHING that's in the Common folder EXCEPT the Essential Graphics folder. (There's nothing there the program won't recreate if it needs it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

That works providing I delete those folders after each project.

Also, I don't see the Essential Graphics folder and maybe that is the basis of my issue.

I also noticed I still have some remnants or folders related to PE9 after I upgraded to PE15.  I don't see anything related to PE9 under programs in Control Panel so nothing else to remove.

Thanks for all your help,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, one additional point.  In addition to removing those folders after each use I also need to restart the program.  Otherwise, when I add new files the timeline loads with the prior clips that were deleted.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will assume there is no definite resolution to this issue so this will be my final comment and will mark as complete.  The problem does not occur with files captured on my digital camcorder and downloaded to computer.  The issue originated with old movies copied from VHS or Mini VHS tapes to DVD and subsequently downloaded to computer from DVD to save as MP4's.  Hope this helps in your future research to possibly ultimately determine the cause.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines