• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Duplicate Files In Organizer

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Premiere Elements yesterday and I am using a Win10 laptop.

I can see how to search for duplicate files that are visually similar, but I'd like to search for all files that have duplicates based on metadata such as "date taken" and "file size" for a more specific result set.  I'd like to then be able to select the dupes and delete them from the source storage drive.  I have about 50k files, so I need a efficient way to do this.

Is this possible in Organizer?

If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

-bk

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find any way to do this.

Unless you can figure out why you're seeing duplicates. Is the Organizer tracking media in a folder that's a duplicate of your catalog? A backup, perhaps, of your media files? If so, you can disconnect from that folder.

Locate a pair of twin media clips or photos in the media browser. Right-click on each and look at their properties to see where  each file is located. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve!

I've decided to use a 3rd party file dupe utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have one follow-on question.

I have duplicate files b/c I've just mashed together various picture folders that I've collected over the years.  Once I de-dupe the source files and possibly move them all to a single library, what is the best way to "reset" Elements Organizer?  I know that it will probably throw some kind of error messages when it can't find stuff that it's indexed.

In a perfect world, I would have de-duped prior to using Organizer.  But, I am only 1 day in so far, so it's not too bad.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks again!

-bk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines