Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting files after importing them to .prel file

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a .prel file (Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 10) in a parent folder on my desktop. I have imported into my .prel file still images from sub-folder A also in the parent folder, a couple of movie clips in sub-folder B, also in parent, and a couple of soundtracks in sub-folder C also in parent.

Now that I have imported the still images, movie clips, and soundtracks into my .prel file, is it safe to delete them or move and burn them to a DVD, that is remove them from my parent folder so that there is nothing in the parent folder apart from my .prel file?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Your media files must remain on your hard drive as you are editing your project. Remember that your media files are LINKED to your project. They are not embedded in your project.

However, once your project is completed and you've output your final video, you can remove your media files from your computer if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your media files must remain on your hard drive as you are editing your project. Remember that your media files are LINKED to your project. They are not embedded in your project.

However, once your project is completed and you've output your final video, you can remove your media files from your computer if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So only when I have saved it as an MP4 file or burnt it to a DVD, etc, can I remove the files.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines