• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Driver Issue Premier Elements 2016

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using this program since March 2019. I now have an error message that tells me that my display driver is incompatible and that I need to update my driver. I have updated my computer in everyday Microsoft account and driver. I have the most up to date driver and the error still pops up. I was in the middle of working on a video project and now can't access it due to this error. Is this Adobe's way of trying to get me to update to the 2020 version? If so I may just switch editing Softwares because that is wrong. Please tell me how I can get past this error. My system is fully updated and my adobe account is just over a year old. PLEASE HELP.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not Adobe's way of forcing you to update.

Assuming you're on Windows 10, set Windows File Explorer to Show All Files and then go to ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/[whatever version you're using] and delete the file BadDrivers.txt. (You may also find this file in ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Thank you for your help. I found the Bad driver file under program data and adobe. I deleted the file and opened Adobe again. Unfortunately, the error message came up again and kicked me out. I went back to the adobe program data like before and the Bad Driver file was back. I deleted it a second time and tried again with no luck. Please let me know if you have any other thoughts or advice on fixing this issue. Have a great day and thanks again for trying to help me. 

Chelsea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a graphics card? If so, go to the nVidia or AMD site and ensure you have the latest driver. These drivers are updated fairly regularly and Windows drivers are often a couple of versions behind.

If you don't have a graphics card, go to the Intel site and get the latest Intel graphics driver.

Then delete BadDrivers.txt and restart your program and you should be all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I do not believe I have a graphics card, I assume that has to be purchased separately from the computer. Getting the latest Intel Driver was the 1st thing I tried when the error happened. I currently have the newest driver so I don't know why it won't work. I even tried restarting my computer and doing the delete BadDriver bit again and no luck but I thought it was worth another try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find out what your graphics card is go to the card's manufacturer's (nVidia or AMD) site.

A simple way to find your graphics card is to (assuming you're on Windows 10) click the Start button and type in Device Manager. When the Device Manager opens up, toggle open the Display Adapters listing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

When I go to the device manager and then click on the display adapter list the only thing listed is my Intel Display Driver which is the newest version available it is Intel(R)HD Graphics 500. Does that make sense or should I have that and something else pop up? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that's entirely possible.

And if you've got the latest version from the site below and you've removed BadDrivers.txt and you're STILL getting an imcompatible driver error, I'm just not sure what to recommend.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/96553/graphics/graphics-for-7th-generation-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines