• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premier Elements have the ability to synchonize separate audio and video tracks?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded a video of an instrumental ensemble and a friend recorded a 44.1 KHz audio of the same concert.  I cannot find any instructions for registration of the tracks.  Do I need to purchase other software or are there instructions for Premier Elements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

The is a wonderful tutorial on YouTube that shows how to line/synchronize externally recorded audio.

Syncing Audio with Video Premier Elements.mpg - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "instructions for registration of the tracks."

But you can add this audio to your timeline in place of the audio on your camcorder's video. You'll need to manually synchronize the two, however. The program does not do that automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhilipF!

You will need to manually synchronize the audio and the video track by using the audio from your camcorder and the audio file that your friend recorded.

If you want it done automatically, there are third-party plug-ins like Red Giant's PluralEyes that work well with Premiere Pro. I do not believe there is an equivalent for Premiere Elements.

Thanks for reaching out!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The is a wonderful tutorial on YouTube that shows how to line/synchronize externally recorded audio.

Syncing Audio with Video Premier Elements.mpg - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines