• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download video from Android phone

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to download a video from a Google pixel camera to a PC so it can be edited in Premier Elements? I can get it onto the PC, but it won't load in the editing program. Thank you, Gail

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Gail,

You didn't say what version of Premiere Elements you are using.  Nor did you say what what you have for video settings in your Pixel.  Older versions of Premiere Elements can't work with newer footage from phones.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download
Does your video use a Variable Frame Rate? See https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Variable-frame-rate-video-with-Premiere-Pro/td-p/4601935
If yes, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gail,

You didn't say what version of Premiere Elements you are using.  Nor did you say what what you have for video settings in your Pixel.  Older versions of Premiere Elements can't work with newer footage from phones.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill and John are both essentially asking the same things.

You can get us the answers we need in order to help you by opening your Pixel video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum.

Without these details specs for your file we won't be able to give you any specific advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering me. I've been away and busy and just got around to getting back to this. I downloaded a trial version of 2021 Premier Elements 2021, and my videos downloaded. I have been using the 2014 version. Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While you've successfully transferred the video from your Pixel to your PC, Premiere Elements might be struggling with its format. Most Pixel cameras use variable frame rate (VFR) recording, which can be tricky for editing software.

Try converting the VFR video to constant frame rate (CFR) using a free tool like Handbrake or Shutter Encoder. Choose a widely compatible format like ProRes or h.264 (MP4) and ensure the CFR settings match your original video. Once converted, try importing the file into Premiere Elements. If the issue persists, consult the Adobe Help Center for specific troubleshooting tips related to Pixel video compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines