• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading optional graphics behind a web proxy server

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use one of the 'Speech Bubble' graphics in Premiere Elements on my work PC, but when I try to drag it to the timeline, or right-click it and choose 'Download Now', I get an error message 'The Download failed. Either the server is currently unavailable, or your computer is disconnected from the internet.'

I know my internet connection is OK, but my employer's systems route all internet access through a proxy server, so if Premiere is trying to download something directly then I'm guessing this is the problem. I can't find anywhere to configure the proxy server settings in Premiere.

Is there some way I can set this configuration, or can I download the graphic manually then bring it in to Premiere?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the suggestions at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#Howtofixconnection... without success - I can access secure sites OK in a web browser, there are no Adobe entries in my hosts file and the GlobalSign Root CA certificate is correctly enabled. Trying to access https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/vact/ping gives me a '400 Bad Request' error. I'm not sure if those instructions are specific to activation problems though, rather than downloading extra content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this come up here until now.  I can think of three possibilities.  1)  Your version is old enough that the files are no longer on the Adobe servers.  2) Your IT department can get you past their firewalls.  3) If it is a current version, you can start Online Support from the Help menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if, instead of dragging the graphic to your timeline, you right-click on it and select Download All? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies! It's Premiere Elements 2020 (18.0). Asking my IT support is an option, but I thought I'd try here first in case I was missing something simple. Download All gives the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it's an issue you'll need to work out with your IT folks, Tom. It's not an issue with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are these optional graphics stored as files somewhere after downloading? I might be able to install the Premiere trial on my own machine and copy the file across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines