• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dumb question - how to select a track in Premiere Elements 2020 for copy/paste clips

Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm lassoing a bundle of clips and trying copy and paste them to a new track.

Whatever I do the paste happens on the same source track but not the destination track, I work around this by pasting at the end of the source track and then dragging them over to a new track.

My conclusion here is that I don't know how to select tracks correctly, I've googled and I'm not coming up with anything.

Can somebody please babyspoon me?

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only confirm that I do it the same way.  I've not found a way to copy directly into another track either.  With luck, someone may teach us a better way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The program always pastes to Video 1/Audio 1. Nothing you can do will change that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! That absolutely sucks!!
Thanks for responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines