• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating Titles in Premiere Elements 14

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to duplicate a title clip to play before each song in a concert recording.

When i select the title and go to duplicate under the edit tab, the option is grayed out.

I saw it suggested here that I duplicate the title in the project asset box, but I only see my video/audio files there - no titles.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Mine is the same in that if I select a title clip that is already on the time line, the Edit > Duplicate is grayed out. 

When I create a title with the Title tool, it does create a title in the Project Assets box.  As far as I know, you can't create a title (or any other clip) without it being in the Project Assets box.  However, it can hide in a folder or beyond the visible window.  Try grabbing the right side or bottom of the Project Assets box and enlarging it.   The title icons look almost e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is the same in that if I select a title clip that is already on the time line, the Edit > Duplicate is grayed out. 

When I create a title with the Title tool, it does create a title in the Project Assets box.  As far as I know, you can't create a title (or any other clip) without it being in the Project Assets box.  However, it can hide in a folder or beyond the visible window.  Try grabbing the right side or bottom of the Project Assets box and enlarging it.   The title icons look almost exactly like the clip icons.

Regarding title duplication...... You can drag a title from Project Assets to the time line in multiple places.  But, if you try to change one of them, they all change.  The only good way to duplicate a title is in the Project Assets box.  Then you can make changes to the new copy as needed.  To do that, select the existing title, right click and select Duplicate.

Good luck!  If you used the Title tool to create your title clips, I'm sure they are in the Project Assets box. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that you can't duplicate a title that's on the timeline.

If you want to duplicate a title -- so that you can re-use its design, font, etc. -- you might right-click and select Duplicate in the Project Assets panel. Not the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - this clears up the process. The issue I still have though is that, when I create the title using the title box in the bottom right (just modifying the default title), nothing shows up in project assets, just the video files I imported.

I'll check again to see if it's hidden anywhere there - are there any visibility settings I'm missing, or should it just appear there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone has the same issue -

The titles are one folder up in the folder structure on the project asset panel. I had to hit the folder up icon next to the trash icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must have been in a Folder in the Project Assets panel.

In that case, yes, you will have to go up to main listing group on the Project Assets panel to find the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines