• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD Burning Issue

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues burning DVDs. I finished a project and it burned just fine. Completed the second project and burned the disc but it only plays on my oldest DVD player, a way old Toshiba. Neither my newer Sony nor Panasonic players will recognize the disc. I have tried 3 other disc types and none will play on anything but the Toshiba.

I attached a PNG with my system info.

 

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not help, but I NEVER go direct to DVD... I write an ISO and then use a program that gives a lot more control... I have my burn speed set to 1 and then the program will adjust to the lowest possible setting for the combination of drive and brand of media

Set your DVD output to an ISO file on your hard drive and then use something like the FREE https://www.imgburn.com/ to write the ISO to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program - DO be sure to uncheck anything you don't want from the download site) You may also use Imgburn for general backup of files or folders to disc

Also, try the opposite type... if you are using -R try a +R blank, or the reverse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith,

Tried imgburn with no success.

I've already tried opposite type discs with no success either.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the same brand, type, and run of discs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob,

No they were all Memorax but different types, -R +RW +R, even tried a +R from a different spindle.

DisfanJT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob,

I just realized the +R were TDK brand.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Verbatim with the Azo dye.

Does the Sony or Panasonic player manual suggest the best brand and type to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I found the issue. In one of my senior moments I changed the Resolution in the Disc DVD menu from SD 480 to SD 576. Burned a new ISO file at SD 480 and everything works. Sorry to waste your time. Not sure why or when I switched the Resolution.

Thanks again for all your help trying to fix my senior goof up.

DisfanJT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know, that change was from the US standard to the European PAL standard... which won't work in most US players

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines