Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD Menu will not Work on DVD Player

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Premier Elements 11 and 12 to edit my videos.in HD and despite burning a perfectly good DVD the menus do not work nor will the DVD play in my Panasonic DVD Player if the disc has been burnt using the AVCHD preset. I can burn a DVD in HD Widescreen that will play but the image is not sharp. .

DVD's edited and burnt in HD Widescreen on earlier versions of Premier Elements have always worked well. I am using TDK discs.

I am using a Canon HV30 to film in HD and a Canon XA 10 to film in AVCHD. The setting I am using to edit in Premier Elements is -Pal-AVCHD-Full HD 1081i25 and the preset for burning DVD's is AVCHD H.264  1920x1080i Pal Dolby.

Can you offer any suggestions please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, can you confirm that you're actually using Publish & Share to Disc to create your discs and that you're not merely outputting AVCHD files? Even if you add a disc menu to your project, if you don't output it as a DVD or AVCHD DISC, your menu won't be included. So please describe the steps you're taking to burn your disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Steve,

Once the editing is complete I add menu markers, select the movie menu and preview. All works well to this point.

Then in Publish and Share I select Burn to Disc and select AVCHD. The disc burns with no problem. It is when I put the disc into my Panasonic DVD player that the menu comes up but cannot be accessed to play or select scenes.

If I select DVD in Share and Publish the disc menu works in the DVD Player but the image is not sharp.

Any suggestions please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD discs won't play in DVD players, Malua.

AVCHD discs are essentially BluRay video discs, except that the files are burned to a DVD disc. But you need a BluRay player to play them.

DVD players can only play standard definition DVDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I should have mentioned that my Panasonic DVD Player is Blue–Ray but the DVD’s I am burning are standard TDK discs to which I am burning AVCHD files. Any further clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your Panasonic DVD player isn't a DVD player after all? It's a BluRay player.

If you burn your project as a standard DVD disc or a BluRay disc, can the player read that? Some BluRay players don't play BluRay or AVCHD files if they're on a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I usually burn the AVCHD file to a DVD disc, the menu comes up but will not play and I cannot select scenes. I have not tried burning to a Blu-Ray disc and will try this in due course.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some BluRay players will not play AVCHD DVD discs, BTW. It's kind of a touchy format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines