Highlighted

DVD Menu

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 15, Windows 10.

My problem is that the Menu is distorted, stretched.

My videos are completed & rendered in Prem. El.15, they consist of pan & zoom widescreen & 4x3 images & video pieces, and it plays widescreen on my widescreen computer.  When I want to make a DVD, I load each one (12 videos, 45 minutes) onto a new Prem. El. project and then I notice that the setting (Edit, Project Settings) automatically changes to 1280x720 (from 1920x1080).  At the top in the settings it says Sony XD CAM EX 720p.  30 Frames/second.  Square Pixels (1.0).      

Now the DVD Menu & all templates show like a 4x3.  But when I put in a 4x3 picture (in the Pan & Zoom menu template) it shows condensed (skinny) with black bars on the sides and doesn't fill the 4x3 outline.  When I put in a widescreen picture, it stretches it too wide, and the fonts too.

I've tried to see if it would help to change the Project setting to 1920 x1080, but I can't.

Does anyone know how I can have a non-stretched widescreen menu?  (Or if that doesn't work, a non-condensed 4x3 menu?)

I've burned the DVD anyway, with the stretched menu, and on my regular DVD player it played just like on the computer: the videos were OK, but the menu was stretched.

Thank you!

Elisabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DVD Menu

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 15, Windows 10.

My problem is that the Menu is distorted, stretched.

My videos are completed & rendered in Prem. El.15, they consist of pan & zoom widescreen & 4x3 images & video pieces, and it plays widescreen on my widescreen computer.  When I want to make a DVD, I load each one (12 videos, 45 minutes) onto a new Prem. El. project and then I notice that the setting (Edit, Project Settings) automatically changes to 1280x720 (from 1920x1080).  At the top in the settings it says Sony XD CAM EX 720p.  30 Frames/second.  Square Pixels (1.0).      

Now the DVD Menu & all templates show like a 4x3.  But when I put in a 4x3 picture (in the Pan & Zoom menu template) it shows condensed (skinny) with black bars on the sides and doesn't fill the 4x3 outline.  When I put in a widescreen picture, it stretches it too wide, and the fonts too.

I've tried to see if it would help to change the Project setting to 1920 x1080, but I can't.

Does anyone know how I can have a non-stretched widescreen menu?  (Or if that doesn't work, a non-condensed 4x3 menu?)

I've burned the DVD anyway, with the stretched menu, and on my regular DVD player it played just like on the computer: the videos were OK, but the menu was stretched.

Thank you!

Elisabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2018 0

Have something to add?