Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD to MP4 - can't copy vob-files

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Years ago I created a movie-dvd from some pictures and music in Pinnacle...apologies 🙂

Now I would like to create a MP4 of the DVD but I can't import the vob-files into Adobe Premiere Elements. The pop-up says the DVD might be protected.

I also tried to copy the vob-files from the DVD to my c-drive and that didn't work neither. The files are just not being copied...I tried on 2 PC's 🙂

Does anyone know how I can create a MP4 from this DVD?

Thanks in advance!

SJW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if the DVD is truly copy protected.

There is software out there that is designed to crack copy protection (designed for bootlegging commercial movies, obviously) but I can't imagine you'd need that for a home-burned DVD. Does you Pinnacle software really lock your discs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Steve,

Thank you for the reply.

The Pinnacle software came with my PC more than ten years ago. I don’t use it anymore and can’t verify if it protects the DVD. I now use Adobe Elements.

I’ll wait for a while before I decide to install one of those ripping tools.

Best regards,

SJW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines