• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Feather effect only applies to top and bottom pf clip

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, I have an image in Premiere Elements as a clip on the timeline. Now I want all four edges of the image to be more soft and smooth. I found that the "Edge Feather" effect does exactly what I want, just that it only applies to the horizontal edges of the clip at the top and the bottom. The vertical edges on the left and right of the image remain untouched. The image is not cropped or anything, and is also resized to totally fit the frame. See the attachment.
Is this intended, or just another bug? In the small preview picture in the effects panel, it look like the softening should be done with all four edges. Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: My PC is running Windows 10 and is able to run PE fluently. Premiere Elements is installed on its latest version, as there are no updates available (Version 18.0 (20200130.daily.2070236)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you include your image in your post using the HTML links along the top of the preview window as you type your post?

I'm reluctant to download files, but if you use the HTML link your picture will display with your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image inserted as html:
temp.png
You can clearly see the black shadows coming from bottom and top, when I set the value to 100. But there's nothing on the left and right side of the picture. Re-dragging the image into the timeline doesn't help, neither does a restart of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this same issue along with it happening also on the clip effect.  Edges are not found.  For your problem I have found using a crop effect, setting the crop on all four sides to 0% and using an edge feather of -25 will feather all four edges.  I agree that this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines