• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit basketball game and use clips in new project

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for assistance in how I can edit a full basketball game and then use the highlights from multiple games in a new project for a highlight video.  

I have used the "Smart Trim" functionality and renamed my clips within the expert timeline, but I have not found a way to use these clips in a new project.  

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing is just basic video editing, jm. You take video from more than one source and you cut it together on the timeline. There's not really a shortcut or special tool for doing this since you ultimately need to decide which clips appear where.

Is there a specific part of that task you need with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Steve.

I was hoping to be able to edit and mark individual clips in a game and then save / mark each individual clip and use those in another project. I was able to edit a game and rename invidividual plays / highlights in the timeline and then if I rendered these, it would create the rendered clips as separate files. (which I could go manually rename).  

I was hoping to be able to create a project per game and mark each of these to then use these to create invididual highlight videos per player.

I am somewhat new to Adobe Premiere Elements, so it is possible I am missing something or this is functionality that is only in the pro version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is certainly possible to do in Premiere Elements -- but I know of no editor that does this kind of thing automatically. You have to manually save each clip yourself, and then use a tool like the Elements Organizer to add metadata to make this highlight easily identifiable later.

It's a lot of work, but it's a pretty basic editing function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines