• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edited clips 5x bigger than original clips

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some long saved videos I want to cut into shorter clips but when I export them, even using "match source" under Advanced Settings, the Data Rate and the Frame Rate of the shorter video are totally different and the file size becomes massive.

The input data and frame rates are 2000 kpbs and the output data and frame rates are 30000 kpbs. The 50% shorter version of a 1GB video becomes 5GB when exported using match source setting!
What am I doing wrong? How can I make the edited clips reflect the original sequences in file size and frame rate?
TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty unlikely you'll ever be able to create output clips that are the same size as the video clips you imported into your project. 

I suppose you could open your original clip in a program like MediaInfo and look at its detailed specs and then try to create a custom output template that matched those specs exactly. But even then it's not likely your output will be a reflection of the size of the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's weird because I just tried doing the same thing in Photoshop and it exported the smaller clips perfectly. No messing around with any setting changes, just slice and render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not Elements. They use different export settings.

Match Source means it takes on all properties such as height width etc from the project settings expect for the compression/codec used. That is set by the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you are editing in Photoshop, you are editing the actual media file. 

When you are editing in a video editor like Premiere Elements, you are adding the media file to a project and editing the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines