• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing 4K video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to edit 4K video using Premier Elements 2018 using a laptop with a i5 processor? Will it just work very slowly or not work at all?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which i5 do you have?

I always recommend a processor that rates at least 10,000 on this chart for smooth 4K editing. Although for basic editing you may be able to get back with 6500 or better.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an Intel core i5 8th generation processor. Type 825 OU I believe. Looking on Intel’s site they do say it is suitable for 4K editing but Adobe suggest that for UHD you need an i7 processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alfb89613995  wrote

Is it possible to edit 4K video using Premier Elements 2018 using a laptop with a i5 processor? Will it just work very slowly or not work at all?

alfb89613995 is right It's an Intel center i5 eighth era processor. Sort 825 OU I accept. Looking on Intel's site they do state it is reasonable for 4K altering yet Adobe recommend that for UHD you require an i7 processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'll check the chart I linked you to in my last post, you'll see your processor rates an 8,000. That should be enough for basic 4K editing. So I'd download the free trial and give it a test drive.

It's up to you if its performance is satisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that’s very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines