Highlighted

Editing video with two audio tracks

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Nvidia's GeFroce Shadow play that I am using to capture game footage. In the beta version it enables you to record the game audio and microphone audio to separate tracks. However, when I load the video in to Premiere Elements 15 it only sees the one (stereo) audio track (the game sounds). I know it recorded the microphone track because I can see it (and hear it) in VLC media player. How can I get the second audio track into Elements so I can work on the balance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing video with two audio tracks

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Nvidia's GeFroce Shadow play that I am using to capture game footage. In the beta version it enables you to record the game audio and microphone audio to separate tracks. However, when I load the video in to Premiere Elements 15 it only sees the one (stereo) audio track (the game sounds). I know it recorded the microphone track because I can see it (and hear it) in VLC media player. How can I get the second audio track into Elements so I can work on the balance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not edit dual-audio track video in Premiere Elements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate your answer I had assumed that much, but my question was more related to how I can separate the audio tracks and import it as a second file. Maybe that's off-topic, but I thought it might be useful not only for myself but anyone else in the same situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lufferov  wrote

While I appreciate your answer I had assumed that much, but my question was more related to how I can separate the audio tracks and import it as a second file. Maybe that's off-topic, but I thought it might be useful not only for myself but anyone else in the same situation.

I don't know it well (yet).  But take a look at the Audacity shareware/public domain program.  It "edits" audio tracks and has a great reputation. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how I can open a video file in Audacity though... I need to extract the audio tracks somehow!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 0
Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audacity will record anything playing on your computer.   Will your Geforce Shadow play the tracks separately.  If you can play a track, Audacity will record and save a WMV file that can be used.  (Note that I know nothing about game capture!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 0