Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 10 cannot add new narration

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I tried, both today and yesterday, to sign into my Premiere Elements 10 account for online help, but received a dialogue box saying that the help service is unavailable.  I am trying to see if Mr. A. Romano (who has helped me in the past) or anyone else at the Help Desk can assist me with an issue.

I am running Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.  As I create a movie, I have been using the "Add Narration" tool effectively and successfully... until 2 days ago, when I could not get it to work.

A new narration will record for about 3 seconds and then stop.  Often, when I try to re-do the narration, it will record for 3 seconds and then jump to the beginning of my movie and start recording THERE, where I do not want it.  When this happens, I have to exit the movie without saving because the "undo" button will not work.

I am mystified about why I have successfully added narrations to the first 52 minutes of my movie but now cannot get it to work.

Thanks for any help you can offer.  By the way, my user name for my Premiere Elements account is "mediaspec2015."

William McLoughlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that ATR left this forum nearly two years ago and hasn't been heard from since.

That said, what processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

Have you tried starting a new project, with no other media in it, and seeing if you can record narration to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks for the update about ATR.

I did try to open a new project and record a narration, but again I had no success.

My processor is an Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz. with 6 GB of memory.

I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  I did see a reply from ATR, posted several years ago, which suggested recording the narration in with Audacity and then importing it to my project.  Will try that today.

Thanks in advance for any other suggestions you may have.

William McLoughlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to record narration with your system. How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines