• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 13 stopped working , will not re install

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been using Elements 13 for a while now, and regular, but today I came to use it and the computer said there was nothing there and it would not load or initiate when clicked on. So I tried to uninstall it and it said it had already been uninstalled.   I had not done this.

So I tried to check,  the prog still showed up in the programme list but when clicked to uninstall it , it said it was not there to uninstall and would I like to remove adobe  elements 13 from the programme list......    so I did.   then tried again to re install, it would not and failed . told me to go to go to Adobe support advisor for help, which is why im here now.

This is pathetic, how can it just stop working like this, and worse so, not re - install. ive not changed my computer or anything ??

Just when you get the urge to be creative, Adobe prevents it... pathetic , feeling like giving up with Adobe

Has any one any ideas ,  I'm not very sharp with computers and am unlikely to understand in depth tech. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software does not uninstall itself.  Not even Adobe software.  I'm sorry if you think Adobe software is pathetic.  Business journals report that Adobe has somewhere around 10 million customers that rely of Adobe software.  With a number that high and all the variables with hardware configurations, a few do have trouble.

If it were my computer, I would suspect a pending hardware failure or significant virus invasion. 

You gave no information about your computer.  Depending on your operating system, there are different fresh installation files here:  Download Adobe Premiere Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

I don't work for Adobe.  I am a user that likes my software and enjoys helping others a few minutes a day.  If you really need help looking for alternative video editing software, I would be happy to make suggestions. 

Good luck getting your computer fixed!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill, I tried the obvious first, System Restore as suggested by Peru Bob though my computer (Acer E15 on I3 Processor ) would not allow a system restore to proceed, even with the antivirus switched off.

Maybe I was a little rash saying `pathetic` but it really bugs me when there is no customer service actual email address given in order to get a direct answer from the vendor, that I struggle with and think it gives little thought for the customer.

I`ll have a try of the Adobe links you`ve kindly included and see how I get on and let you know .

Thanks for your time , and fingers crossed ! Iain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been trying the downloads, even they wont install.  comes up saying the same old thing "installer failed to initialise"

and that is for a trial version.

???

I don`t not want to have to learn another editing suite all over again if I can really help it, I enjoy the adobe elements and make good use of it and have found some nice tricks which give my own videos their own style.

Was worth a try , ta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try System Restore.  A Windows Update may have caused that.

If that doesn't work, it may be a malware or hardware problem, as has been suggested.

Run Check Disk and then your malware scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines